Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tuesday - November 2nd, 2010 - Conquering the Laundry (Again?)



Well I have conquered two weeks of laundry today...let's here it for the laundry conquerer of the week...lol, just kidding. I was so glad though that I got all the laundry done today. Sometimes it seems to be endless mounds of clothes and I wonder "where in the world did all these clothes come from?", but then I have to stop and remember to thank God for the clothing, because we could be in much worse of a situation clothes wise. I found myself thinking about the verse in 1 Thessalonians 5 that says "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (v.18) and then of course with that verse coming to mind it brought with it the Hiding Place, which is the story of Corrie Ten Boom, she tells about how her sister Betsy told her to give thanks even for the lice and Corrie could not bring herself to give thanks for them until one day she learned that the reason they could have their Bible study so openly was because the wardens wouldn't enter the barracks because of the lice. When I heard that story I was so thankful because God works so mysteriously, maybe even through a load of laundry. I think if Corrie were here today she would tell me that I needed to do as the scripture commands and be thankful in all things ;)
What do you think?

Funny side note:
My brother voted for himself as a write-in, in a one-sided election...He keeps asking me if He's won.
LOL...who knows, God works in mysterious ways, but I don't think God is going to age him twenty odd years just so he can be our State Representative ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment