Saturday, November 19, 2011

God, What are you doing?

Sometimes our eyes cannot see what God has planned for us, He has covered our eyes and asked us to let Him lead us and to just trust Him. Most of the time when God does this I am kicking and screaming and wanting God to tell me what He is doing right now. But, God does not submit to our "orders" or the way we want things done.
 I have been pretty depressed lately because of feelings, thoughts and just things that have been going on in my life. I didn't and still don't understand what God is doing, I doubt I will ever understand here on earth. But, instead of kicking and screaming about what He's doing and why, instead I need to just freely submit to His will and do what He asks. God is righteous and good in whatever He does and I am His and He will do me no wrong.
 After having a good long talk with my Dad last night, I was very encouraged. God used him to make me realize a few things about my relationship with my Heavenly Father as well as him (my earthly Father). This morning I woke up and wrote this as a result...it's not anything profound, but it was something that I just had to write out:
I am nothing,
He is Everything (Exodus 3:6),
I am lonely,
He is the Comforter (John 14:26),
I am weak,
He is Strength (Proverbs 18:10),
I am selfish,
He is Selfless (1 Timothy 2:6),
I am prideful,
He is Humble (Philippians 2:8),
I am in turmoil,
He is Peace (Ephesians 2:14),
I am dead in Spirit,
He is the Quickener of the Spirit (Romans 8:11),
I am dying,
He is Eternal Life (John 14:6),
I am needy,
He is Fulfillment (Philippians 4:19),
I am a stumbling block,
He is the Chief Cornerstone (1 Peter 2:6-8),
I am imperfect,
He is Perfection (Philippians 2:6),
I am hateful,
He is Love (John 3:16, 15:13),
I am the worst sinner,
He is the Saviour (Isaiah 43:11, Luke 1:47).

I hope that John Newtons dying words would also be mine... "My memory is nearly gone, but I remember two things — that I am a great sinner, and that Christ is a great Saviour".
 And with that I end this post. Until next time...May you always accept what God sends your way with the grace and love that Jesus accepted the cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment