Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Hope


"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" ~Hebrews 11:1 ~

Hope ... 

...it's a hard word to describe because it seems to be self explanatory. I think most people would say it is the feeling of expecting something better to come along in the near future.

Hope, for me is so much more...My hope is in Christ Jesus My LORD, He turns my mourning into dancing(Psalm 30:11), my night to day (Psalm 37:6), my complaints to praise (Psalm 43:5), My Hope is my Rock and my Salvation, Jesus Christ (Psalm 18:4).

Hope is JESUS, He is the only way for anyone to have hope. If anything else gives you hope, it is a false hope (Jeremiah 6:14).

Look at it this way, if you were in the midst of a flood and you saw a rock that stood out amongst all the others and a few people were climbing up on it, but even more were clamouring after many lily pads that were floating in the water ...would you go after the lily pad or the rock. I mean the toads after all are sitting safely on top of the lily pads, they seem durable, and they float, right? The rock in only an unmovable object that will stand there even after the flood has subsided, there can be no hope in that, right? Oh the wonderful reasoning of our hearts and minds(Jeremiah 17:9, Psalm 14:1).
Jesus is that Rock and He cannot, no, will not be moved (Psalm 121), Satan's lily pads float by every day with many false hopes (2 Chronicles 11:14, Jeremiah 18:12)...but MY HOPE is built on nothing less than Jesus Christ my righteousness.

I hope that my life will shine with God's glory and that I will ALWAYS be ready to give an answer of the HOPE that is within me (1 Peter 3:15).


"Behold, the eye of the LORD [is] upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;" ~Ps. 33:18

"Happy [is he] that [hath] the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope [is] in the LORD his God:" ~Ps. 146:5

"Blessed [is] the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is." ~Jer. 17:7

I want to close with a song written by a scientist whose name was Keith W. Ward, I think in todays world of science he would've probably been shunned for His beliefs, because the beginning of the bible (Creation) cannot be discarded without destroying the whole foundation of Christianity (Psalm 11:3)...and that is the whole point of this song...He totally understood who His hope was.

The Solid Rock
My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

2 comments:

  1. Amen!! "When all around my soul gives way, he then is all my hope and stay." Oh, I love this...makes me rejoice. :-) Thanks for posting!

    Love ya!
    Kori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kori- YES, it makes me rejoice as well!
    I was only God's instrument in writing this, to Him be the glory for anything that actually made sense ;)
    Love you too!

    ReplyDelete