Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday November 5th, 2010 ~ A Dinner of Herbs

 "Better is little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure and trouble therewith. Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith."
~ Proverbs 15:16 & 17 ~

 I thought of this verse as I was preparing dinner, since we were having a "dinner of herbs" ourselves. I always like it when something I am doing brings a verse to mind, making a dinner of vegetables always makes me feel like a farmers wife, using stuff fresh from the garden, or things that we have put up ourselves, it just gives you a sense of a job well done. I was particularly suprised that my cornbread turned out, I couldn't find my recipe and so I just threw in a little of this and a little of that and that was the best cornbread I've made and everyone else seemed to think so too. We had a lovely dinner and I am pleased to say everyone enjoyed it. I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment