Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11th, 2001

It's been 10 years since the horrific terror attacks on New York & Washington, DC. I remember standing in our kitchen when my sister Brooke called from her workplace and asked us if we knew what was going on. We did not have a TV, so we listened to what we could on the Radio, no one really knew anything at that point in time. We took the day off of school and went down to Walmart, I think Dad wanted to get our minds off of it. We finally went over to my grandmother's house where we sat in front of the TV all day watching the news, I specifically remember when I really felt the magnituted of the event. I was watching the TV and people started jumping, it was then that I realized although I couldn't see them, there were many people inside burning to death and that the heat was driving them to jump out the windows of 101-102 story building. To this day it is hard for me to watch the buildings fall, but God is good to us as a nation and He brought us out of the ashes. Many people came to Him because they had no where else to turn, I pray that many more will turn to Christ He is the only way. I think that this video really puts the days events into perspective: Where were you on that fateful day?

No comments:

Post a Comment