Monday, July 15, 2013

And So Began A Courtship...


For many of you who have kept up with my blog/s for the past four years you know that I was single, and that one of my highest desires, aside from serving Christ was that a good and honorable Christian man would find me, ask my Father for permission to court me, and one day marry me. Well over the last three months the first two have happened.
Meet Josh...


We've been courting for almost three months now, here is how things unfolded:

On April 17th, 2013 he approached my Dad about forming a friendship with me. I had no clue that he had asked, though that evening I had a feeling that he would. When my Dad came home from Men's meeting he said nothing and acted normal, so I just thought I was wrong.
On April 20th, 2013 my Dad sat me down and told  me what had transpired. I talked it over with him and asked for some time to think and pray about it.
On April 21st, 2013 I prayed a lot and the Lord brought to my mind a prayer that I had prayed back in late February. I knew that Josh was interested, I am not quite sure when I became aware of this. I know it was confirmed when my brother mentioned it in March before he left for Marine Bootcamp. But I had prayed that if this was the man God intended for me that he would continue to pursue me. I had somewhat forgotten about this prayer because I did not want to be all consumed by something that wasn't to be. I left it in the LORD's hands. I had a long walk/talk with my Dad and afterward I decided that this was of the LORD.

April 22nd, 2013 - My Dad called Josh and said that I was willing to form a friendship as long as it was done privately and no one but immediate family knew about it. This was something that unbeknownst to me, Josh had already expressed. We did not want to cause drama if things did not work out within the first weeks.
April 23rd, 2013 - Tuesday Night Volleyball, our first time seeing each other after deciding to form a "secret" friendship, it was so funny and weird being around all of our friends yet knowing that we were beginning something. We hardly made eye contact, but that evening Dad gave us permission to talk via facebook PM and it was so relieving and fun.
April 26th, 2013 - His Mom (Lois) and Dad (Don) came over and it was the first time that we had been together...Lois kept the conversation moving, I really appreciated this. She is a wonderful woman and I really knew that we would be great friends after that night.

May 16th, 2013 - Many things happened from that time to this. Sibling night, family movie nights, walks, talking for long periods of time, etc. I was in constant contact with my brother (who was in Marine Bootcamp, as I mentioned above) about what was going on, I wanted him to be in on it and have some semblance of a say in the matter. After much prayer, talking with my Dad, my sisters and writing to my brother Dad and I asked Josh if he would be willing to go into a full fledged courtship, he whole heartily agreed.
May 20th, 2013 - I told two of my closest friends, I so loved being able to tell them in person and see their reactions.

Ever since things continue to get better and better. I can truly say that Josh is my best friend and that is the most important thing I think that you should have in a marriage. I am not saying we are there yet. We are taking things slow and easy, enjoying getting to know one another, having fun, being with each others family, working together, studying the bible together, praying together, etc.
I believe God brought this man into my life and I am constantly praying that His will be done in both of our lives and that He would give us strength to do those things that He wills. I desire everyone's prayers. I know this isn't exactly a story, it's more of a timeline...maybe down the road I can give more of a story form...but for now this will have to do to fill everyone's curiosity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment