Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Give Thanks in All Things


"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
~1 Thess. 5:18~
"Thank God even for the fleas Betsy? I cannot, I will not." Said Corrie. Later, Corrie and Betsy Ten Boom both learned that the prison guards of Ravensbrück would not enter into their barracks, because of the fleas.
 They had been taken to prison for hiding Jews in their house and for a greater reason that they did not see when they were being dragged from their home. God placed them in Ravensbrück to spread the gospel of Christ to the people with whom they were imprisoned. But for the fleas they would not have been able to freely share the gospel of Christ to the poor suffering and dying souls of that prison. Corrie finally did see that she must thank God in all things, just as the scripture says.
  We may not see the reasoning behind thanking God for what seems to be the "bad" things in our lives, but there is always a reason. God does not do bad things to us, but He allows them to happen to us and for a reason. Just as he allowed Corrie and Betsy to go through many trials, so will He let us go through trials as well. And, just as Corrie and Betsy could not see the reason why they had to go through what they did, we also may not see the reasoning in the beginning, nor may we ever see it,  but God always has a reason. God is righteous, sinless, and good in all that He does, if we are His children does He not provide for us? He is the perfect Father and we as His children should be so much more thankful to Him for all that He has given us.
   We have so much to thank God for, and we always seem to focus on the "bad" things that happen to us. Yet, there are so many people in the world starving as we sit down to eat our thanksgiving dinner, many people have little or no shelter while we sit under a roof filled with furniture and beds, and as we dress up to go see the relatives there are so many people who have little to no clothing at all...and yet we still complain.  
   This year I have decided I am going to thank God for all the things that I complain about in my life, I am so grateful for so many things this thanksgiving, God has been so wonderful to me for giving me His son and showing His love to me. He gave me a wonderful family, a roof over my head, clothes, food, pets, and many more things that are good in my life.
  He has also allowed me to go through trials in my life that at the time I thought I would never get through...BUT, God in His rich grace and mercy allowed me to see that He is my ALL IN ALL, my EVERYTHING, MY ABBA FATHER. He will never do me harm, whatever happens is for my good and so I am content in Him, and so very thankful to have so many things that I could be deprived of. If I ever were deprived of those things I hope that I would be thankful to God for those things I still had and for allowing me to be deprived of those things which were taken away. I am so much better off than a lot of people in this world and God is so GOOD and I will thank Him in ALL THINGS!!!! Will YOU?
I would love to hear what you are thankful for this thanksgiving, write it in the comment section below :) I would love to do a post of what all my followers are thankful for ;)

 
I don't exactly like this version of the song, a little to "beat-y" for me (especially since it is a hymn), but I LOVE THE HYMN and wanted you to hear it, and it was the only one I could find. I thought it "sort-of" applied to today's post (RE: turn off my playlist below so it won't interfere with this):




1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this great post! I'm thankful for God's grace in my life -- for His love that never fails and His patience with my failings. :-) Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

    Love,
    Kori

    ReplyDelete