Monday, February 21, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things...

Raindrops on roses, and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens, brown paper packages tied up with strings, I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so ba-a-a-a-a-d....
  Well Julie Andrew's / Maria Von Trapp's favorite things may be great for a song, but not all of them exactly fit into my favorite things, and I am not feeling bad, in fact quite on the contrary...but that might just be because I am remembering my favorite things, who knows.
 Now I don't have a song that I can make out of my favorite things, but writing them out can be just as therapeutic (I think anyway). So here we go...

1. Bible & Jesus/God



- I love reading my Bible, especially right before bedtime it helps me sleep deeper and I know God is there with me. I feel so protected by my heavenly Father. God also reveals His will only through His word, so how else would I know what He wants me to do in my life. Jesus is my life, my love, my all.



2. My Family

 - My family is the greatest, by watching us and just looking at us you might get the wrong idea, we love physical contact. But, instead of always hugging each other we like to pop each other on the shoulder or give a nudge in the side. Personally I like the hugging and such, but I also like the way my brother says "I love you" by calling me "woman" whenever he's kidding around. I also love the way my youngest sister tells jokes and laughs so much about what she is saying that you can hardly understand her, but you laugh anyway because she is so funny. I love the way my Daddy makes puns out of just about anything and everything you say. I love the way my older sister tickles me or pops me whenever she comes in the room (and then I chase her out trying to do the same to her...lol), I love the way my younger sister always follows me around, I  know one day she may not be able to, and I enjoy her company our talks and our tears together. I JUST LOVE MY FAMILY!!!!

3.Friends


- Friends are so wonderful, I don't know what I would do without them. God is good to bring me so many wonderful, Godly friends into my life. Thanks to all of you, you're all so wonderful to me!!!

4. Herbs (you knew it was coming)

- Herbs are probably the thing I love most besides the first few things. I don't have enough room in our yard to plant the herbs I want. You should see the seed packets I got at walmart the other day, I got nine pack of calendula, two pack of echinacea, and one of each of cilantro, dill, sweet basil, and parsley...I think people probably thought I was crazy, I am the crazy Herb lady...lol. I am what they call a self-taught herbalist and I am still learning, I have bought several books and I am so fascinated by the world of herbs, I thank God everyday for the beautiful things He gave us, for the herbs of the earth to heal with and for giving me an interest in them.


5. Gardening

- You would think that this would go along with herbs, but gardening is much more to me than herbs. One day I want to be a self-sustaining farmer. I am learning as much as possible about gardening with herbs as well as veggies and fruit. Although I am not the one in our family who does the vegetable garden planning, I still help out and I love seeing the fruits of our labor.


6. Mountains



- Oh the mountains, the very thought sends chills through my body. I always feel so much closer to God when I am in the midst of His beautiful majestic mountains. I could live there forever among the wild and beautiful heights of mountains.



7. Farm Animals


- I love to see cows on the side of a hill grazing, and one day I hope to have cows, pigs, chickens, goats, horses, donkeys and much much more. Who knew Old Macdonald could have such an impact on a child :P



8. War Between the CS & US Re-enactments



- These are so fun, plus they are very educational. I have always loved dressing up, especially in the 1800's style. Plus the cause of the CS is something that I consider very close to my heart, I love studying and finding out different things about the history of that era...one thing it has taught me? History is written by the conqueror, therefore it is prejudice.





9. Hiking


- What a wonderful way to spend time with family and friends, plus build your strength and immune system. I love the fresh air and I love being out in it hiking in God's beautiful Creation!!!!





10. Writing/Blogging



- Writing has been a passion ever since I learned to spell my name. My expression comes through my writing, in fact if I didn't know how to write I don't know I would really express myself.
I can talk a lot and not say anything, I can write a little and express my very heart.




And these are just a few of my favorite things.
 What are your favorite things?

No comments:

Post a Comment